Friday, October 12, 2007

Birthday food...review

Prior to burger, we went to Ocean Ave Restaurant for their happy hour oysters! Very yumalicious!

Here's the extensive menu


The menu was dated so I took a pic...reminds me of how wedding photog do this on the wedding day


I had the Happy Hour Rogue on tap


Happy Hour oyster are only $1.50 each! Amazing!


Canadian Bay Shrimp Cocktail


Honey looking very content


On to Father's Office for our burger


It was way too dark but I wouldn't give up. This is our sweet potato fries in a little shopping cart - it even rolls!


The burger was a good as they say - caramelized onions, gruyere cheese, arugula on toasted french toast. The meat was extremely smokey and paired with the cream cucumber dip that comes with, it has a kick to it. (Disclaimer: not my picture, it was way too dark, I stole the pic from the web)


Picture of the left over, I think we had one too many oysters.


Wednesday before hubs' birthday, a couple of girlfriends and I went out to celebrate a belated birthday for a friend. We went to one of my favorite restaurants in Old Town Pasadena.


I love sitting outside ~ especially on a cold but sunny day.


The bread they provide is so yummy. It's more like garlic bread, hot out of the oven. You have to be careful not to overindulge since you still have appetizers, entree, and dessert to go.


Clams with grapefruits ~ never had warm grapefruits


Grilled calamari


Red curry paella


Seafood penne


Roasted lamb and baby spinach ~ I LOVE pine nuts

And I'm very sorry there's no picture of the dessert. We ate it before I got a chance to take pictures. We had warm bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and panna cotta with mango syrup. YUM. Oh and I forgot to mention, their red sangria is pretty good too.

And after my own dinner party, I joined the boys at Taiwanese beer house called Indian Cafe. I really shouldn't have gone since the boys were taking hubs out. But how could I refuse free beer? So forgive me for spoiling your plans (NOT)!



Here are a couple pictures of hubster's friend's new puppy Pita. She's a beagle and only 5 months old ~very very affectionate and adorable! I love how she barks (sounds like a fog horn).



And that was our day. Filled with food and friends. =)

No comments: