Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Vegas, Universal Studios, and Random Stuff...

Well since I haven't posted in quite a while (yes, lazy blogger here), you're getting plethora of random pictures I took the last 2 weeks. So here it goes...

New Homes in Walnut ~ don't ask, one of hubs' past time is to go look at new homes. I actually don't have pictures of the new homes but...

Hurricane-like candleholder, possible centerpieces


These beds/sofas are sleek! A loungy cocktail for your guests

So it wasn't just hubs who was interested in these new homes. There were so many people there we had to parked down the hill and hiked up! And one funny sight was a lady carrying her purse with the strap around her forehead! It was like what you see on National Geoggraphic of working African women tying their load on their forehead (and no, she wasn't African American). I just burst out laughing but wasn't quick enough with my iPhone to snap a picture. So you're just going to have to imagine!

Next up, lunch special at Sushi Gen in Honda Plaza. Every time we need a cheap sushi fix, this is where we go. The sushi is fresh and for $15 bucks, you get this plate of sashimi, tofu, seaweed salad, cucumber salad, miso soup, and a bowl of rice. Arrive early though; the line is usually 1.5 hour long.


Amazingly, I had two weekends in a row I didn't have to work. So last weekend, we went to Vegas. I don't like Vegas. I don't gamble. I can only eat the buffet once the whole trip, and unless I have extra cash to burn, I can't afford to go shopping. So why were we in Vegas you asked...blame it on the hubs. Here are some pictures of our fun filled trip.
Tahiti Village Resort


After our one buffet at Paris, we walked around to work off the food. When I looked up, the ceiling reminded me of Les Galeries Lafayette in Paris.


Here's hubs trying his luck on the slot machine.




And here are pictures of our drive home...I love it when the sun shines through the clouds.




Moving on to this past weekend. On Saturday, we went to Universal Studios Hollywood.


Can you believe? As if eating fast food itself isn't fatting enough.

Our first stop...a walk through their haunted house where ghosts and goblins jump out at you. It wasn't too bad since there were tons of people and you usually see who got scared ahead of you. But it didn't stop me from gluing my self to hubs and plugging my ears with my fingers. For some reason, if I don't hear the 'BOO' I'm not as scared. You should try it next time.


Next: Terminator 3D. Our dear old Governor Schwarzenegger will be forever be known as THE Terminator.


And yes, hubs that was very against my blogging (privacy issues and all) ask I put these pictures up. He wants the world to see the resemblance. Who's he kidding?


Peforming characters...must be hot to be dancing in those costumes!


The HULK


Next ride...Revenge of the Mummy! Too bad the ride was so short!


And finally, our favorite, the Studio Tour


The backlot



King Kong


Cars from movies


The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift






The Flash Flood demonstration




Wisteria Lane of Desperate Housewives


Mike's house


Susan's house


Whoville from How the Grinch Stole Christmas



Bates Motel from Alfred Hitchcock Psycho



And Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds






We ended the day with funnel cake (hub's fav). I like it better than the ones at Magic Mountain. It's not as sweet and the whipped cream is much yummier than powdered sugar.



Stay tuned for tomorrow's post...wedding at Calamigos Ranch and Erin Gray!

No comments: