Sunday, September 23, 2007

Not your typical flower

Daisy always bring a smile . It's something you give to brighten someone's day. It's not a common flower brides use for their wedding. But I have just such a bride. Here are some pictures she use for inspiration.

Daisy favor boxes


For daisy cookie favors and daisy cake, click here.



Adorable candy favors


Balloon decorations has a bad rap...look at these adorable daisy balloons. You can learn to make them on Martha Stewart by clicking here.


Or these huge DIY daisy centerpieces


I'm sure everyone seen this list:


Baby's breath = Everlasting love
Bachelor's button = Celibacy, delicacy
Calla lily = Magnificent beauty
Carnation (pink) = Woman's love
Carnation = Pure love
Cornflower = Delicacy
Crocus = Cheerfulness
Daisy = Innocence
Dogwood = Duration
Fern = Magic
Forget-me-not = Remember me
Freesia = Innocence
Fuchsia = Confiding love
Geranium = True friendship
Hellebore = Calming
Hyacinth = Sport and play
Iris = I have a message for you
Ivy = Friendship
Jasmine (pink) = I attach myself to you
Jasmine (white) = Amiability
Lady's mantle = Comfort
Lilac = First emotions of love
Lily-of-the-valley = Return of happiness
Mint = Virtue
Myrtle = Love
Oak leaf = Bravery
Orchid = You're in my thoughts
Peony = Bashful
Peppermint = Warmth of feeling
Primrose = Youth
Ranunculus = Radiant with charms
Rose (white) = I am worthy of you
Rose = Love
Rosemary = Remembrance
Snowdrop = Hope
Sweet pea = Delicate pleasures
Sweet violet = Modesty
Sweet William = Sensitivity
Tulip (pink) = Caring
Tulip (variegated) = Beautiful eyes
Tulip = Declaration of love
Violet (blue) = Faithfulness

Different flowers have different meaning to everyone. I think the important thing is not having to go with what's expected, but what makes sense to you. It's your day!

No comments: